USERNAMES AND POSTINGS
Comments or other information posted by you in our forums, wikis or other areas of the Site designed for public communications or communications among registered class members may be viewed and downloaded by others who visit the Site. Kindly use discretion when deciding whether to post any information that can be used to identify you to those forums (or other public or classwide areas).
CONSENT TO PROCESSING OUTSIDE HOME COUNTRY
If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not access, browse, or register for the Site. If you choose not to provide us with certain information required to provide you with various services offered on our Site, you may not be able to establish a user account and we may not be able to provide you with those services.
We endeavor to limit the collection of Personal Information to what we need with respect to specific Site activities in order to satisfy business, legal, or regulatory requirements.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect information, including Personal Information (described above), when you sign up for a user account, participate in online courses, send us email messages and/or participate in our public forums. We also collect certain usage information about student performance and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
We may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
USE AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Among other things, we and other institutions that provide courses through Blockchain Academy (the “Partners”) may use the information about you collected through the Site (including your Personal Information) in connection with the following. In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection.
- To enable the Partners to provide, administer, and improve the courses.
- To help us and the Partners improve Blockchain Academy offerings, both individually (e.g., by course staff when working with a student) and in aggregate, and to individualize the experience and to evaluate the access and use of the Site and the impact of Blockchain Academy on the worldwide educational and professional community.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific course content and/or services you select.
- To track both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of an online course, and to analyze statistics on student performance and how students learn.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about Blockchain Academy access, use, impact, and student performance.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by Blockchain Academy or other events, to send you communications about products or services of Blockchain Academy, affiliates, or selected business partners that may be of interest to you, or to send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems, and network.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- To authenticate your identity when you register for an onsite exam or an onsite activity.
We will share information we collect with the Partners, and we and the Partners may share this information (including Personal Information) with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on our or the Partners’ behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, processing badges via third party providers, and other transactions through the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering courses, or in connection with other aspects of Blockchain Academy or Member services.
- With other visitors to the Site, to the extent that you submit comments, course work, or other information or content (collectively, “Postings”) to a portion of the Site designed for public communications; and with other members of a Blockchain Academy class of which you are a member, to the extent you submit Postings to a portion of the Site designed for viewing by those class members. We may provide your Postings to students who later enroll in the same classes as you, within the context of the forums, the courseware, or otherwise. If we do re-post your Postings originally made to non-public portions of the Site, we will post them without your real name and e-mail (except with your express permission), but we may use your username without your consent.
- To provide opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals. For instance, we may recommend specific study partners or connect potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, we may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but we will only provide other users your username, and not disclose your real name or e-mail address to your contact.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to investigate, or prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or security or technical issues; as otherwise may be required by applicable law; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of others.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- For integration with third party services. For example, videos and other content may be hosted on YouTube and other websites not controlled by Blockchain Academy.
In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties.
USE FOR PERSONALIZATION AND PEDAGOGICAL IMPROVEMENTS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Blockchain Academy has a program designed to protect Personal Information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information that it creates, receives, maintains, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, Blockchain Academy cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Surveys related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Discus, WordPress, and any other sites which have enabled cookies we may install in the future which will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- By visiting this link: https://www.blockchainacademy.asia
- Phone: +603 80737461
Last updated: 25 May 2018